Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Home Stretch

Well I only have 9 days of school left. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I will only see my seniors in first and second period 1 more time. So from now on it is pretty much smooth sailing and then a few exams and clean-up. This year was quite a roller coaster ride. Soccer went pretty smoothly in August and then my team had a pretty decent run. Then I started hitting the gym like a mad woman and finally have lost all of the baby weight. December was tough because we had to swallow Alex's diagnosis and our days became filled with endless doctors appointments and physical therapy. Dylan has done extremely well in preschool and loved karate and gymnastics which were all new activities this year. Mackie has also excelled at gymnastics and is looking forwrad to her dance camp this summer. mackenzie still loves her dresses and wants to be a princess, yet she was playing football and soccer with a bunch of older boys tonight. Luckily it is 2006 and a girl can be both a jock and a princess, so she can have the best of both worlds. Alex began walking and Dylan fractured his wrist, so it has been quite eventful. We will end this new year with Dylan graduating on Monday and getting his cast off. Makcenzie is getting ready to begin pre-school in the fall, and hopefully Alex will be running. I am looking forward to not have to get ready by 6am every morning. I will still have to wake up by 6am, because that is when the kids wake up, but I get to hang in my PJ's for a while before hitting the gym each day. I really can't wait for the much-deserved break. One of the most underrated aspect of teaching is that there is a beginning and end to each year. Every year is a new beginning, and there is a clearly defined end. All students and teachers need this, it provides a much needed break. The home stretch is just and end to this year but there are many new possibilities for the next one! Come August, I will be looking forward to my new beginning. All jobs should have beginnings and endings, I think people would be much happier.

No comments: