Thursday, May 04, 2006

Put one foot in front of the other...

As I walked into school today, I realized just how tiring it really is to be a full-time working mom of three children. AS I look to my upcoming schedule, I see two classes of reviewing for the Advnaced placement exam, followed by three periods of discussing the impact of corporate crime, then finally with a meeting with Alex's service coordinator to discuss how much speech/feeding therapy he will get each month. Having a child that qualifies for special services just adds to the amount of time and energy one needs to get through each day. A very respected and wise English teacher, who herself has two children, both which were born premature and one who required massive physical therapy always looks at me and smiles and says... Kris, just put one foot in front of the other and you will get through your day. I look at her with admiration and the utmost respect because she made it. Her children are grown and are both doing extremely well. Looking at her.... I know it can be done. Alexander has been making excellent progress, thanks to his twice a week physical therapy sessions( Shore reahbilitation is the best rehab place ever!) He is trying to walk and has already taken a few steps on his own. So much for the early intervention evaluators who told me he would most likely not be walking by the summer. My boy is proving everyone wrong. If he could talk he would say loud and clear.... "There is nothing wrong with me... I will be fine" So it is apparent that Alex is putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments: