Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Green Monster

Well my husband would have made John B. Watson proud. He has officially turned our kids into diehard Red Sox fans. I actually do not think that this was his original intent, I think if he had his choice it would be the Mets, but what happened in October 2004 stayed with my kids. Since Watson was convinced that he could make a child anything with the proper conditioning, my kids would be great study material. I mean it is 2006 and we all know that are children come into the world with their own set of DNA which makes them unique, I would think even Watson himself could not argue with the brain studies of the 1990's. However, parents can influence their kids in so many ways it is unthinkable. My daughter asks me to tell her the story about the friendly green monster every night, and my son proceeds to tell me that we do not like the Carolinas team because they beat the Devils. It is a riot. Today all 3 of them are proudly displaying their Red Sox hats. Mackenzie just got a new one from her daddy, along with a Red Sox back pack and thinks that it is the greatest thing ever. She now can wear it with the lovely dresses that momma had just bought her. You would never think a kid could get so much excitement from a hat! They are sponges and absorb everything we as parents do or say. the whole notion of do as I say and not as I do.... well that does not work. They see and mimic everything that we do. They have taken a liking to watching sports with my husband, and he has successfully implanted in them his thoughts and feelings about the various teams in the different professional sports. It is funny, I have finally just figured out the teams we like and do not like, and my kids figured it out in record time. Kids really do learn quicker than adults. I told the kids I was taking them to the park today and Mackenzie said.. "Mommy can we go to Fenway Park?" I told her that we could not go there today as Dylan interjected that it was in Boston which is way far away! I told her that maybe this summer or next year we will take a trip and she can meet the monster, and Dylan said that he wants to see the Red Sox beat those Yankees 11-0. I looked at him and said.. Dylan if that happens you will be going to that park every summer!

No comments: