Sunday, May 07, 2006

Alexander's first birthday Party!

I know it was almost 2 weeks late but Alex has his first birthday party at gymboree this morning. There were a total of 10 babies plus 4 siblings( two of which were Dylan and Kenzie, Mia and Erin kept them company and kept the fighting between brother and sister at bay!) The babies were so cute, they ranged in age from 6 months to almost 13 months. Baby Norah was the youngest and smallest while Jake was the oldest. I can't say the biggest though, especially if we are going by weight because I think at 10 months baby Michael had everyone beat in that category! Alex seemed to enjoy himself, although he could barely keep his eyes open on the drive home. All of the babies were very tired after 90 minutes. Realistically that is probably all any baby( or adult for that matter) can handle. I had to throw out the remainder of the cake though, sitting in my refrigerator it would have been much too tempting. Apparently all of the other moms felt the same way because nobody wanted to take it home. One of the Dad's took some of it home however and he got a look from his wife, because she does not want to be the one to eat it. Why is it that women always worry about what it is they are going to eat and men do not? That question has been raised for centuries now and still... no answer. Overall the party was great, and Alex received alot of nice toys and clothes. It is so hard to believe how fast my babies are growing up. I remember when I was pregnant with my first and women would tell me to enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast. I did not believe them, as I was eagerly waiting for my oldest to reach milestone after milestone. After having my last child, I want to savor every last minute, because any day now he is going to be running away from me.

No comments: