Monday, May 22, 2006

3 weeks left!

I can't believe that yet another school year is coming to a close. Just knowing that there are a full 10 weeks vacation this year is quite exciting. Okay well not exactly 10 for me. I start soccer camp on July 23rd and am pretty much at work from that point on, but it is still a nice long break. I could not imagine having a regular job where there is not end and no beginning to each year. Each year I get to make a fresh start, and come September I am ready for my routine to change, even though I cry at the beginning of each school year and wonder how I am going to be able to leave my precious children with someone else for 8 hours a day. But this post is about the teacher me, not the parent( as if I could actually spearate the 2). This year was fantastic. I got to teach a new subject which I loved, and I had great kids. I mean I am lucky, the kids I am teaching are smart, considerate, and just a pleasure to be around. Which gets me thinking about next year. The kids I get next year can't possibly measure up to the ones I have this year( I say this every year and every year by May I say the same thing, the point is, the kids are always good!). This year was just a lot of fun. My students do not realize this but they made my hectic life a lot easier than it should be. They allowed me to enjoy my job tremendously and I hope that they found my class worthwhile. Well right now we are in major end of the year mode, we are watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which is perhaps one of the greatest movies of all time. The kids seem to be into the movie,( well except for the 3 girls in the back who were too busy chatting about prom weekend, but the rest seem to be enjoying it)or atleast humoring me. Hey what more can I ask for, I have classes with all juniors and seniors. What did you want to do in highschool on a nice summer day? Which brings me to my next point. These kids ( well the seniors) have 3 weeks left, thats it. I want to tell them to savor every last minute of it( they wont), because they have the rest of their lives to be an adult, so why not take advantage of being a kid while it is still socially acceptable to do so. The one thing that any educator realizes quick is that it does go by so fast. In a blink of an eye there are only 3 weeks left and a new school year begins with a new crop of seniors!

No comments: