Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Well I must say the mother's day gods were smiling upon my family this morning. First of all, I woke up at 7am. Yes you read that correctly 7am. My kids were still asleep! All 3 of them!!! I put on a pot of cofee and then did my daily weight check. The appointment with the scale was quite positive, a full 1 lb less than yesterday. Any female that is not genetically blessed knows where I am coming from. It was going to be a great day. The kids got up within 5 minutes of my wake up and we went downstairs to play. I woke my husband at 8am and left for the gym at 815. I did 20 minutes of hard cardio and then hit the weights for 60 minutes. I got home around 1015. I met my mom and sister at the mall, and picked out a very pretty shirt with the gift card from my husband. I kept trying to persuade my mother to buy me a pair of shoes but she was not budging. She was too busy spending thousands on my OTHER sister( yes the favorite!). I am just kidding, we are only talking hundreds here! I am in love with the shoes she bought for HER though! The next stop was Casa Comida. I suggested it and my suggestion was well- recieved. I had a marg and a burrito with a few nachos and it was great. I am now home with my kids. I am glad I got to spend mothers day with my mom. Mother's day should be a week long though. Moms work long and hard for very little thank you's and no money( Moms actually lose money, see I was trying to swindle my mom into buying me those red Steve Maddens). This goes on forever and at times seems like a long thankless job, but it never is. Being a mom is so rewarding. Having children that you would die for is amazing in itself. Most children do not ever realize the amount of time, energy, money, and love that their moms have given them. Many will never realize it, UNTIL you become a mom. Once you become a mom you suddenly empathize with your mom, and want to thank her for every hug and kiss etc. You also can see how your mother in law was over protective of her son, because moms only want the best for their kids and never want to see a sad face... ever. So Mom Thank you for everthing, and I guess I should get those red patent leather Steve Madden pumps for you.( By the way since we are the same size, can I borrow them?)

No comments: