Thursday, June 15, 2006

So Summer is officially here

Summer has started for me today. The kids graduated yesterday, and the usual suspects went out for drinks at a co-workers house. it is amazing the difference between those with young children and those with no and or grown children. For starters I was the only one there with a child under 10. The non-parents can drink... Let me tell you. I could not believe how much booze was consumed by a bunch of teachers, it was amazing. Now I was part of this group about 6 years ago, which coincides with the time I got pregnant with my first. I remember how much fun it was to go out and do whatever and have no worries. What is difficult to understand however is how come, even when a babysitter is ready and we do not have kids for the night, that we still cant go crazy.; I guess it is the thought of them that stops us at the second and definately by the third drink. yes.. the thought of them, waking up at 5am and needing constant attention! Well even with three children in tow, the lazy days of summer are officially here. Tomorrow, I plan on waking up, going to the gym and then taking the kids to the park. Alex has therapy at 1130 so it wont be a long day at the park, but it will be nice. I am taking my sister home tonight, she has spent the last 2 nights with us and has really helped out with the kids. Parents that decide to get pregnant again after they have a 12 year old girl are onto something. They get to share the work! They have a built in babysitter. I am lucky to have her, she is great with the kids. Well off I go back to my moms, so the kids can go swimming. Hello summer, here I come!

No comments: