Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A horrible weekend

Well the weekend started with so much promise. After our exams on Friday, a bunch of us went out drinking after work and had quite a good time. My husband called me at 315 and said that he would take care of picking the kids up so I could hang out with my friends! It was such a nice gesture on his behalf. Well reality hit when I got home. Alex had a stomach virus. He was up all night on friday. We had to change him and the sheets every couple hours, but he seemed to be doing better on Saturday, Saturday night was when it went downhill. He started vomiting and could not keep anything down. By early Sunday morning he was listless, so I put a call into the doctor and went to the ER. They admitted him and gave him an IV drip. We were in the hospital from Sunday morning at 730 until Monday at 430pm. It was a very long weekend. I am back to work today. My mother came up big time and took Dylan and Mackenzie over night on Sunday and took a half day off today to take care of Alex! I told her I would bring her lunch! Well thats it, hopefully my next blog will be more of a happy one!!

No comments: