Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mothers day

As I am about to enjoy my 7th mothers day as a mom, I think about what was the greatest mothers day gift ever. Sure I loved the massages, and the chocolate covered strawberries, and the handprints from the kids. I received the greatest mothers day gift ever yesterday. My son who is in kindergarten, read me a poem that he wrote. The word he used to describe me was beautiful. I know he did not mean this in a supreficial way. To him beautiful is the highest compliment. To him it means something beyond the normal definition of the word. The rest of his poem showed me that he catches everything and truly knows the real me. He accepts and loves me for it as well. We all know that we accept our kids and love them unconditionally, but it is so nice to know that they do the same. AS I see my young child standing in front of his classmates proudly reading a poem( without help from the teacher) about me, it brought tears to my eyes. The 30 minutes I spent with him, for his Mothers Day Tea, was the best! I am so proud of him, and I want to thank Dylan for that great gift!

No comments: