Wednesday, May 09, 2007

More decisions?

Well John went on a job interview today at Middletown. Although he thought it was for the summer program or the alternative night school, it turns out that it was not, because the teachers that were teaching there last year are coming back, but someone with 15 years experience would be perfect for the alternative school at HS South. Problem being this is during regular school hours which would mean Alex would have to go to daycare. So unless my mother would take off from her job for the next year, then daycare would be our only option. Part of me is torn, I know if john got in he could put his ten years in and then get out, and he has 25 years into the pension system. I also know that he could find a job in 3 years and go into the pension system. I know Middletown is a great district to work in, and that maybe this is a one shot deal. i also know that the first 5 years is critical for child development and we will never get this time back for Alex. Alex runs and jumps, knows his shapes and colors and even sings the ABC song and happy birthday because of John( and my smart genes of course, haha). I know I would love the 60,000 dollar salary, and me working a job and a half is hard work, but I Have a love for my son like no other, and these decisions I have to make. Money or Alex, Job security or Alex... It looks as though John will deliver pizza, or I will train as many soccer team as possible, because my child has done more than anyone expected, and I hope my husband continues to have the patience to work with him, lord knows I do not. Because the progress Alex has made is well worth the 60,000.

No comments: