Friday, September 08, 2006

The toughest first week ever

Well I just completed my first full( well almost full, we had Monday off) week of school. Tuesday was just nuts. Having to have 5 unique individuals dressed, fed( yes a pop tart does count!) and ready for school was a challenge. John and I started our first full week with the kids in class ready to learn bright and early Tuesday morning. Besides having between 25-31 kids in each class. Yes you read that correctly. I teach 5 classes so i have about 130 students this year. Last year I had about 95. My work load has increased dramatically. When it comes to grading their work, I will be putting in an extra hour or so with each assignment. We do not get compensated for what we do at home either, but that is a totally different subject so we can discuss the fairness of my job at a later point. I have soccer practice each day until 430 or so, by the time I get home each day it is between 530-6pm. Next week will be ven worse because I have a game scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. I wont make it home Monday night until well after 7pm. The kids will already be in bed when I walk my tired ass through the door. ( Away games are the worst). My baby sitter told me on weds that her father in law passed away, and his family plans the wake for Thursday and the funeral for Friday. I know it is a shot gun service. She is shocked at the planning too. Basically I am left scarmbling for a babysitter. My sister in law came up huge today. I attended the funeral service while she watched Alex. It was very nice to see Alex playing with his little cousin Jake. It was so starnge when Jake smiled at me when I walked in the door, because all I could think of was my brother Justin. In that one instant it appeared Justin was reborn as Jake. She did a great job, she managed the fights over toys, and both kids were happy when I got back. Thanks again Elana, we will be calling again soon! Now I have 2 hours of [peace until I have to get back to school by 230 for practice, then I come back home. again and as long as Dylan and Kenz napped after school, I am taking them to my HS football game. Dylan is so excited. Home- school- home - school---- That is our life!!

No comments: