Sunday, March 18, 2007

Great Day!

So today I went to the gym from 9-10, then went to Costco and wanted to go out for the day. I called my mom and she said she was going to my brothers house, so I kind of invited myself and my 3 kids! The kids had an awesome time. they loved hanging out at Uncle Justins and Aunt Elanas house. It was very cute to watch Alex, mackenzie and Dylan play with their cousin Jake. Alex loved Jakes toys and probably wonders why he does not have a car INSIDE the house! We had fun playing at the play area in the mall. It is amazing how one child will show up and almost ruin it for everyone. There was this one kid. I am guessing he was about Dylan's age that was just mean. You could see it in his eyes- ICE. So once we got a look at him, Elana and I did not want our little ones anywhere near him. We lasted a few more minutes and then I took the kids for ice cream. They had a blast. kenzie and Alex slept the whole way home. Dylan and Alex were in bed by 645! Mackenzie went in at 715. I made some sirloin steaks, and we had some fresh broccoli and red wine-- it was great!! I don't care what Candi says- Sirlion steaks are still my favorite( at 4.99 a lb at costco you cant beat it(dont ask, we got into an entire conversation about the different cuts of meat!). I think Elana learned an important lesson today, enjoy shopping at toy stores while they still cant talk too well! Because once they do, they tell you exactly what they want, and it is enough to put anyone in the poor house! I told Elana to have more kids, because they really do keep each other company, and it really is alot of fun. On another note. We booked a fmaily vacation at Great wolf lodge in the poconos! 3 nights 4 days in June!! The kids cant wait! I never thought we would do it. A family vacation may seem like a luxury, but it can be a necessity. I don't really care that meals are not included, bagels for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch and pizza each night for dinner, doesn't get better than that, does it? Not for a 2, 4 and 6 year old it doesn't! Waterslides here we come!!

No comments: