Saturday, March 17, 2007

6 years old

I can not believe that I have been a mom for just about 6 years. My oldest will turn 6 on Weds and I just can't get over how fast it has all happened. I can remember his birth like it was yesterday. i remember ever detail from how they admitted me the night before, gave me demerol so i could sleep through the night, to breaking my water at 830am the next day. I delieved him at 341pm March 21st, 2001. I delivered him without the help of meds( not by choice), and was completely and utterly overwhelmed by the experience. I remember thinking, How can I ever learn to take care of this little human being( especially since he nursed for 45 minutes, every 90 minutes! yes, my first was 30lbs on his first birthday!! I remember taking him to doctors appointments, and changing his diapers. he did not get his first sponge bath until he was 10 days old. I was nervous, and that was done with my mother. I thought I could never master this whole mother thing, and look at me 3 kids later. As I was signing Dylan up for pop warner football, I realized that he is a boy. Not even a little boy- Alex is a little boy-- My oldest is a school age boy. Dylan and I each bought some books today, and he read the whole book from start to finish with me. It was dr. Seuss, but who cares. it was a new book that he has never seen before and therefore could not memorize it. It is just amazing how fast it goes. I am treasuring every second with the three of them, enjoying each of their phases, because it wont be long before Mackenzie is in kindergarten, and Alex reading, and Dylan goes out on date... Scary HUH??

No comments: