Saturday, August 12, 2006

What a busy week

Well if last week wasn't a rude awakening that our lazy days of summer are coming to an end, I do not know what is. I have had it pretty easy this summer up until last week. Before soccer camps started in full force, I could get all 3 kids out the door by 745, get to the gym by 8 and be out of there by 945. Then we had the rest of the day to figure out what we were going to do, it was bliss. Well not anymore. Last week I had camp from 9-12noon and then again from 6-9pm. Mackenzie had dance camp from 115-315-- all of the camps are in middletown so everything was atleast a 25 minute drive. my husband and I were like 2 ships passing and trading children along the way. We just had to make sure that the kids were constantly being supervised and nobody was left at home like macauly caulkin in home alone. And no mom.... we had the correct head count each time. Alex figured out how to walk up and DOWn the stairs by himself, so that is quite the milestone. hopefully we wont have any more tumbles down the stairs. Next week I also have camp for my high school team all morning and afternoon, and a youth camp at night. Atleast for the HS practices the kids can come. School will be here before we know it and a 515 alarm will be reality( hey alex's 615am wake up is bliss). Right now I cannot fathom how we will have all three kids and ourselves dressed and ready for school by 630, but we will figure it out again, we did it last year. Until then, it is soccer at 730 am, with the kids in tow for the most part. there is nothing like fresh air to tire them out!

No comments: