Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Will he get in??

So Alex has finished all of his evals for the preschool. So here is the question, will he qualify or not. To think there is a greater chance that he will not qualify is unbelievable. I want him to qualify because he still needs OT. He does not need any additional services. The school is an integrated on where typical kids ( who get in by lottery) are educated alongside of those with minimal special needs( speech etc), and it is free. So if Alex qualifies, he goes to a free preschool with his peers, if he does not qualify then we can hope he is one of the 10% that get in by lottery. So here is the thing.... I want him to qualify, because I never hit the lottery( well technically with Alex I did, as he is one of the 5% whose Cp is virtually( I say virtually for a reason) unnoticeable. You see we were in the hospital this weekend because Alex got his thumb caught in the door. He pulled it out and it looked as though he dislocated his thumb. You see, he dislocates his joints more easily than others because they are lax. They are lax because of "his condition" so as we are told his conditioned is no longer dectable ,"it"-comes back and says"I am still here", in ways such as the dislocated thumb. But I would take that any day of the week. So we wait until our appointment on March 28th to see if he qualifies. Is he 33% delayed, is it enough to qualify if only his OT scores are low? We will find out. I am anticipating leaving that meeting being both happy and sad regardless of the out come. If he qualifies, I will be happy because he will go to the preschool and it wont cost us anything, but sad because he will qualify which indicates they detect something wrong. if he does not get in- I will be sad because we will have to fork over 5000 for preschool, but happy because he is deemed okay by the school. See my dilemma here. I guess in the end it does not matter, Alex is very special and I know that. I do not need a school district to tell me that

No comments: