Friday, March 07, 2008

my amazing kids

I know I always brag about my children, but I truly think that they are all very special. Dylan is a great little athlete and is very bright. He loves his teacher and his class. He is in the gifted enrichment program and is smart as hell! He was up watching survivor last night with me.This is the only show on TV that i watch! and was so disappointed that chet did not get voted out. he said.." but mommy he is the weakest and needs to leave the tribe!" It is nice to be 6 where everything is so cut and dry like that. i did not have the heart to tell him that due to social reasons a big strong guy got voted out. He just couldn't understand it. One day he is going to have to deal with unfair social situations, and I hope he fairs well. Mackenzie is 5 going on 15. She is a beautiful little girl, and lvoes to be the center of attention( I wonder where she gets that from?) She is also very bright and loves preschool, she can't wait to go to kindergarten next year. For some starnge reason she thinks she is in a competetion with me constantly. I bought my self socks at cosco that had cute patters( not just plain white) and she immediately became annoyed, because there were none available in her size. If this is what it is like at 5 I wonder how she will be as a teenager, she will probably push my buttons constantly. Alex- well what can I say that has not already been said, he is my miracle. He is so confident and determined. He wont let me even unzip his coat.. "I do it myself" that is his battle cry. He wants to eat with chopsticks, he is just too much. He starts daddy and me floor hockey ( I know he wont be 3 until the end of April) on Sunday. I cant believe it, I will probably cry on Sunday when he hits the floor with the other 3 year olds. He will be playing a contact sport( yes I know they have plastic sticks and felt balls but for those that know my journey, you know this is a HUGE deal) with other children his own age, something we did not dream would be possible, but hey, in this life... Anything is possible... We can all thank Alex for teaching us that.

1 comment:

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Logen teaches me (Parker does too) that every day!!! Love your point of view! What a great attitude!!!