Wednesday, December 20, 2006

How ironic?

Well yesterday, I experienced a big dose of irony. I am reading Dylan's notes from his folder and there it is... A note from his kindergarten teacher saying that she is pregnant and is due in early June. I immediately thought... How could she?? Couldn't she time it so she had her child over the summer so my son would not have a substitute for his final month of kindergarten? Wasn't she thinking about the educational impact of her leaving, on her students? Then the biggest sense of shame hit me... I have done this 3 times. 3 times I have left my students mid year to leave them with a substitute for months at a time. How could I be upset with her? What kind of person am I? Look at what I did to my students. I guess this is the price we working women have to pay. Ms. Snyder is going to learn the cruel reality of a teacher mom.... My children or my students?

No comments: