Monday, April 21, 2008

Stitches for Alex part deux

Well it happened again. On friday night I dropped Mackenzie off at my moms, and the boys and I went to Fridays for dinner. Now I know it was 730 and I should have went home but I wanted a few nachos. So as we are sitting at the table, Alex goes to look out the window and lost his balance( poor truncal and head control) and bamm, hits his face. He is hysterical crying and I see blood. Not a massive amount but I saw a big gapping gash by his eye. So it was off to the emergency room, we waited for a plastic surgeon to stich up his face and he was home sleeping by 1am. This is when i get upset. "it" came back.... He has been doing great and has exceeded every expectation, he has no limits but, is more prone to injury. How many kids do you have to say...."control that head Alex"? Only those that are in the same boat as him. I am hoping that like everything else, he rebounds from his falls and gets stronger in the process. I just don't know how many more trips to the ER one can take. they are going to call DYFS on me!!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

I know exactly what you mean. My little guy is still a little one, but there is so much I have to keep a close eye on him for. Things that others may take for granted. Even though my guy has come so far, I know we will have a similar experience