Friday, February 23, 2007

Emergency room- What a week!!!!

Well I knew this week was going to be tough. Besides working I had soccer tarining sessions scheduled for Weds, Thursdays and Fridays. I also have a sinus infection that I have been fighting for a week now. So on Weds, I left my house at 630am and did not return until 845. Yesterday I was suppossed to train from 4-6. Well I get a phone call at 420. It is John- He tells me that he thinks Alex broke his arm. He said he is taking him and Mackenzie( Dylan was at soccer with me) to the emergency room. I asked him... Can you handle it and he said yes. Call me at 6pm when you are done. So with that, I am a nervous wreck and plan on finishing my training, afterall he is a stay at home dad, and if it were me, I would just handle it too. SO with that the phone rings about 15 minutes later, He then tells me mackenzie has puked 2 times so far. Once at home and then in the car on the way to the hospital. He said she has a stomach bug. With that I know I need to get there. SO I left the training early and went straight to Monmouth medical Center. When I arrived They were cleaning up the emergency room area that mackenzie just puked in!! So They take Alex for Xrays, and it turns out he dislocated his elbow, and it had to be popped back in place. By the time we got home, I was a mess. I thought about taking a day off of work, but then quickly came to my senses... It is much easier to be at work right now than to deal with mackenzie and the stomach virus. John is earning his money this week!!

No comments: